8 Tips on How to Sell Your Home Fast in Austin
If you are planning to sell your house, it’s not an easy task. There are several things you need to put into consideration. Without proper planning or knowing the right time to sell your house, it might be harder to get a contract. Below are some tips that will help you sell your house fast.
1. Clean and remove any mess
For you to sell your house in a short time, you need to ensure the interior is appealing to many buyers. Therefore, do a very deep clean on all the rooms including the kitchen cabinets, baseboards, and the tiles. Consider hiring professionals to come in and assist.
2. Have a selling strategy
When planning to sell your home, you have two options. You can decide to engage a real estate agent or choose to sell it by yourself (FSBO).
- Sell FSBO: One of the main reasons why most people choose this option is to keep the commission and keep closing costs down. But if you choose this option, you must be ready to negotiate like an expert. Is this the best option for you?
- Hire a real estate agent: there several advantages of working with a real estate agent. Contracts, negotiations, knowledge of the market and closing of deals are just a few of the things an agent can bring to the table. Nevertheless, you will have to pay the commission.
3. Set a reasonable price
One of the biggest challenges of selling a house fast is deciding on the selling price. Figuring out the sweet spot of not overpricing or underpricing your home can be a challenge. This is where a knowledgable agent can really be in your favor. Setting a reasonable price can ensure you make the deal in a short time. Setting the price a bit lower than other similar homes in your area is one way. Another way is offering sale incentives. If you notice your house might be hard to sell, include sale incentives such as upfront repairs, offering appliances, and others.
4. Handle minor repairs
If you do not have major repairs, ensure you have fixed any minor repairs that buyers can spot. Fix the loose tiles, peeled paint, leaking faucets, and loose door handles. You can also invest on slight upgrades such as:
- Applying a new coat of paint
- Having new kitchen cabinets installed
- Switching old light fixtures with new ones
- Buying appliances that match.
5. Engage a professional photographer
If you want to sell your home fast, do not take pictures using your smartphone. Although it may seem faster and cheaper, the quality of the photos might be below par. Professional photos are beautiful, attractive, and can tempt someone to buy the house. Professional real estate pictures may look expensive, but can help you sell your house fast. Also, if you have hired a real estate agent, the photography might be part of their services.
Before the photos are taken, ensure the house is clean and has plenty of light. Make sure your repairs and updates are finished before your photos are taken.
6. Write a good listing description
After deciding the price of your home, you need to write a good listing description. This will help you sell the house fast. If you are not hiring a real estate agent, it is important to have a good listing description. However, if you are engaging an agent, they will have a great listing description for you.
7. Market your house at the right time
Know the best months to sell your house. Studies show that homes listed on the month of May sell faster than other months. Therefore, check out your area statistics to know the best time to sell your home.
8. Be elastic with showing requests
Since your main goal is to sell the house fast, it is essential to be flexible with most of the showing requests. You should be willing to accommodate potential buyers’ schedules. Also, being flexible ensures your house does not sit on the market for long.
By following the above tips, you will also be able to attract many buyers and sell your home fast for a competitive price.